The Rotomolding Machine Operator is responsible for the safe, simultaneous and efficient operations of multiple pieces of equipment to produce good quality Rotoplas products. Our operators must take pride in their work and knowledge of our products and processes. They are proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented, responsible, and willing to learn. They ensures proper execution of The Quality System (TQS) as they produce Rotoplas products by following established guidelines of TQS.
- Operate material handling and Rotomolding equipment to produce quality products in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with the quality system standards.
- Interpret specifications and calibrate machines to reach goals while producing a quality product that meets specifications.
- Follow quality procedures and report any equipment or material issues to proactively prevent defective product or damage to equipment.
- Run equipment as instructed and report maintenance issues as instructed.
- Work in a positive, helpful manner to assure teamwork.
- Assist with inventory, housekeeping, inspections, safety walkthroughs, organization, and transport. Responsibilities may include direct handling of products including during production, specification checks, and finishing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience. Roto/injection molding experience is a plus.
- 1 year fork lift experience with a certification in a prior position in the last 3 years, ability to use a sky track a plus.
- Basic mechanical aptitude and the ability to work with hand tools.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to follow instructions, and to quickly grasp concepts, processes and safety rules.
- Regularly required to stand, use hands to grip, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to walk, talk and hear.
- Ability to stand for 8 to 12 hour shifts.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Good hand and eye coordination.
- Must be able to work in a hot environment.
- Must be able to work some overtime if needed, possibly 12 hour shifts and weekends.