Maintenance Technician - Manufacturing
Rotoplas is growing and we are seeking talented Manufacturing Maintenance Technician that thrives in a start-up, fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and to be an integral part of our continued growth.
The Maintenance Technician is in charge of installing and servicing various equipment and systems: preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, diagnostics, and troubleshooting with electrical equipment, electronic equipment such as computers, industrial controls, motor distribution systems, motor control circuits to minimize breakdowns and production downtime.
- Maintains all production equipment so that production requirements are met with little or no downtime.
- Removes defective/installs parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Performs electrical and mechanical work and electronic troubleshooting improvements on equipment as well as the relocation of certain machines to streamline the production line.
- Provide welding labor on product molds and other equipment
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Preferred High School Diploma or Equivalent, Associate of Science degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred.
- 3 years’ industrial experience in a manufacturing environment required,
- Proficiency with troubleshooting, diagnostics, analytics, blueprints, schematics, and electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics, and computerized maintenance work systems.
- Ability to TIG weld
- Strong planning and organizational skills along with flexibility and the ability to make decisions
- Forklift certification or knowledge of forklift will be certified through our company if needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, bilingual a plus.
- Dependable and on time.
- Must have excellent housekeeping skills and of shop safety at all times.
Rotoplas is a globally recognized leader in the design and manufacturing of water, feed, and chemical storage polyethylene solutions. These heritage products and commitment to service, quality, and innovation is what drives our growth across the United States, Mexico, and the rest of Latin America; bringing to market storage, handling purification, and water treatment solutions. Since 1978, Rotoplas’ mission has been to help improve the quality of life for our consumers by providing innovative solutions to make clean and clear water more readily available.
- Excellent health insurance and matching 401(k) plan
- Eligible for medical, dental, vision, prescription benefits on the first day of employment
- Paid holidays and paid vacation
Rotoplas is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status or any other protected status. Rotoplas will consider, for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.