Rotoplas is looking for Warehouse Workers to become part of our Texas team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment. This position is responsible for safely and efficiently loading and unloading Rotoplas products and materials for shipment or storage in a fast-paced environment. As such, they will operate a variety of material handling equipment to stage outgoing shipments, receive materials and transport Rotoplas product throughout the facility. The Warehouse Worker will assist the Logistics/Warehouse Supervisor with cycle counting, inventory and the overall maintenance of the warehouse and work yard so that it is kept clean and orderly.
- Receive and follow instructions from Logistics/Warehouse Supervisor regarding the movement and loading of products. Adhere to department safety procedures at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment at all times and follow Rotoplas safety rules and procedures.
- Support all safety, quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Operate forklift/hand trucks/sky lift safely and efficiently, making sure to Observe surroundings at all times to ensure clear pathways and avoid collisions.
- Inspect trailers, equipment, and product before loading/unloading.
- Load and unload trailers in a safe manner.
- Unpack, examine and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and reports any problems to the Logistics/Warehouse Supervisor
- Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Sort and place incoming materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to a predetermined sequence (i.e., size, type, style, color or product code.)
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Stage and prepare product for shipping to ensure it arrives safely and meets all quality and cosmetic standards. Mark materials with identifying information using the appropriate method.
- Assist in quarterly inventory, and weekly and ad-hoc cycle counting of physical inventory.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Organize and clean all warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- May be assigned to assist with production or maintenance duties to contribute to a team effort to accomplish facility production goals as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. This position works in both outdoor and indoor warehouse setting, as needed. This role routinely uses standard material handling and office equipment and the employee will occasionally lift, carry, or move product weighing up to 75 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a high school education and one year of similar experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have held a company issued forklift truck operator license in the past 2 years.
Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Documentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Data Entry Skills, Dependability
Job Status: Full Time